The FOP is defined as the area for the sporting competition plus the immediate and surrounding support areas at which a boundary separates from the other areas.
Walls design shall be sent to the IFSC within six month prior to the competition (refer global timeline) for approval. Designing files shall be sent in SketchUp format.
The FOP for Sport Climbing includes the following but not only:
· Climbing wall with holds as well as the floor covered by mattresses. NOTE on Climbing holds: For details regarding the holds required please refer to the Route Setters Check-list
· A Transit zone visually separated from, but adjacent to the climbing wall and an Isolation zone/warm-up area, where athletes finalise his preparation.
· Starting Gate at exit of the transit zone and visible to the audience.
· The receiving space: space for climbers coming down from the walls, which can also be used to settle the podium and the podium backdrop.
· Jury Area: which shall be immediately front to the wall, though respecting a security distance used for Athletes falling / being brought down by belayers
· Team Officials zone: immediately adjacent to the Jury area zone, this zone is restricted to the Team Officials having athletes participating in the round.
· Leaders Corner
Please note that the complete FOP layout shall be sent to the IFSC within six month prior to the event (refer to Global Event Preparation Timeline). FOP design shall be sent in SketchUp format.